Catholic Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jessica Watson sails around world - Old news now, aye? Still, an update.

Go down

Jessica Watson sails around world - Old news now, aye? Still, an update. Empty Jessica Watson sails around world - Old news now, aye? Still, an update.

Post  Ceinwyn 13/01/10, 02:31 pm

From Yahoo!

Jessica Watson sails around world - Old news now, aye? Still, an update. 1614279894

"Teenage sailor Jessica Watson will sweep past the halfway mark of her solo round-the-world voyage on Thursday under the watchful eye of her parents.

The 16-year-old says she expects to round the most southerly point of South America, Cape Horn, on Thursday morning, completing the first half of her 23,000 nautical mile (42,000km) journey.

"With the wind gusting to 35 knots, Ella's Pink Lady is really surfing away the last 80nm to Cape Horn ... super exciting," Jessica wrote on her blog on Wednesday.

She said she was also excited about her parents witnessing the milestone from the skies above.

"Up in Punta Arenas (Chile), Mum and Dad are getting ready to take off ... and will be circling around overhead in a plane," she said.

"We'll be able to chat over the VHF radio so looking forward to that."

The teenager was also anticipating a visit from the Chilean and Argentinian navies, saying she expects them to "swing by and give us a wave".

"It's been over a month since I've seen another boat and almost three months since I've seen another person, so I feel totally thrilled and spoiled to have so many guests all at once," she wrote.

The Queenslander is vying to become the youngest person to sail solo, non-stop and unassisted around the world.

Jessica set sail from Sydney in October and plans to arrive home in her 10-metre yacht in May."

I still wonder what on earth she was doing the first time her boat crashed. Razz

God bless,
Elizabeth
Ceinwyn
Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin

https://cyot.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Jessica Watson sails around world - Old news now, aye? Still, an update. Empty Re: Jessica Watson sails around world - Old news now, aye? Still, an update.

Post  Guest 13/01/10, 09:22 pm

Ceinwyn wrote:I still wonder what on earth she was doing the first time her boat crashed. Razz

God bless,
Elizabeth

When she hit the tanker? She was below deck sleeping. Seriously, she even knew the tanker was there because she saw it way off and thought they'd be smart enough not to hit her so she went below deck and had a lil sleep Razz

Back to top Go down

Jessica Watson sails around world - Old news now, aye? Still, an update. Empty Re: Jessica Watson sails around world - Old news now, aye? Still, an update.

Post  Ceinwyn 13/01/10, 11:42 pm

Justin Letchford wrote:
Ceinwyn wrote:I still wonder what on earth she was doing the first time her boat crashed. Razz

God bless,
Elizabeth

When she hit the tanker? She was below deck sleeping. Seriously, she even knew the tanker was there because she saw it way off and thought they'd be smart enough not to hit her so she went below deck and had a lil sleep Razz

Bahaha!!! Serves her right then. Razz
Tankers are doopid. They were probably thinking the same of her. 'Oh, she wouldn't be stupid enough to crash into us.' Razz
Ceinwyn
Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin

https://cyot.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum