Catholic Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Kill a Mocking Bird

2 posters

Go down

To Kill a Mocking Bird Empty To Kill a Mocking Bird

Post  Rafqa 10/06/11, 06:54 am

I read this great book called 'To Kill a Mocking Bird' and I would reccomend it to everyone! It is one of the best books I have ever read. It's a bit hard to compare this book to other books I have read....it's just different. It's about a young lady who accuses a black Negro of raping her. A man called Atticus is appointed to defend the Negro's case. The story is told through the eyes of Atticus' daughter 'Scout'. It's about Atticus' fight for justice for the Negro. The Negro quite obviousely didn't rape the girl, but the racism and prejudice against the 'blacks', blind a lot of people. There is nothing 'off' in it; apart from one paragraph. I skipped it, so I don't know exactly what was in it, but I am positive there was nothing really bad or 'explicit' in it. I won't say any more about this book, but this is definitely one you should read!! Very Happy

Rafqa
I'm New!
I'm New!

Back to top Go down

To Kill a Mocking Bird Empty Re: To Kill a Mocking Bird

Post  Ceinwyn 12/06/11, 06:01 am

This was on the list of books I had to read for English actually. I left before we got around to it but it still does sound appealing. (:
Thanks for pointing it out, I'll be sure to grab a copy, haha. (:
Ceinwyn
Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin

https://cyot.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafqa 18/06/11, 04:26 am

Yeah, I had to read it for English aswel! I'm so glad that I had to!

Rafqa
I'm New!
I'm New!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum